“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)” This error is really annoying Windows user. Error 0xc000007b is a problem which appears when you are going to open some application on windows. Actually this error indicates to an invalid image format. However, why this is happening and what the error code usually means ? Actually this could appear when you are trying to run a program that is made for or intended to work with a 64 bit Windows operating system, but your computer is running on 32 bit Operating systems. There are a couple of other few reasons why this might be happening as well, particularly if you know you have a 64 bit operating system, or have been able to run the program in the past. There are several reasons to occur this problem in your Windows. Here are a few reasons why your PC shows 0xc000007b error and some troubleshooting steps.
First of all i would like to suggest you to do this process before doing below process.
Actually in this type of problem (0xc000007b) the cause maybe because of the “msvcp110.dll” file located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Several applications are allowed to run by using this folder, but each application have their own separate version of the file with the same name. That’s why if you need to run that application, you need to replace it with a different “msvcp110.dll” file. Normally you can get this file in this link http://www.dll-files.com/. And now I am going to give you a guide that describe how do we do.
• Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 file location and delete the “msvcp110.dll” file.
• Now try to start the Application and that program will generate a new “msvcp110.dll” file used by the application and you should be able to get the application working fine.
After doing this troubleshoot if your application runs normally then stop here, if not then follow the procedure given below.
• Microsoft Visual C++
• Need to restart
• .NET Framework
• Need to Re-Install
• Need to Run the application as an administrator
• First of all i strongly recommended you that use compatibility bit of application, what bit of OS is running in your inside the PC. This will help to run application properly.
• I think in some case windows have problem with C++, so just re-install Microsoft Visual C++.
• Sometimes to run properly some applications require restart after installation, so Restart your Computer.
• Repair .NET Framework
Usually in this type of cases .NET framework causing isuues. This problem can be solved by re-installing latest .NET Frame. http://www.microsoft.com/net
• Re-install the application
Sometimes application files could be corrupt or missing by a virus so you need to Re-install the application that you are trying to run
• Run as an administrator
Sometimes some application need to run as an administrator. This process could fix the error on application. To do this things Right click on the program, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program as an administrator box, and click on OK. Now you are able to run your application as an administration.
First of all click start and type in run than hit enter on your keyboard.
Type in “msconfig” in the run dialog box
The system configuration box should pop up, now click the services tab and click enable all in the lower right coner