In Windows 8.1 I have been unable to download apps from the Windows Store on my Windows 8 PC. Even when I try downloading free apps, I keep getting 0x80244018 error message. I got fed up with this error 0x80244018 when trying to download some apps from the Windows Store. Finally, I found the reason why this is occurring in windows 8.1 during trying to download some apps from the Windows Store. Mainly this problem appears because of we are behind a proxy server and proxy does not allow remote anonymous access. As I know if you have the same problem, then I think it also the issue is your proxy. You should be able to update for an initial time by going to Windows Update. If that is the case, please try the following steps to fix the error.
• Open your Internet Explorer
• In Internet Explorer,click on the Tools or press Alt+x
• Click on Internet Options
• Click the Connections tab
• Under Local Area Network settings, select the LAN settings button
• Mark or Click the box to put a check mark next to Automatically detect settings
• Click Ok and then Apply
Now you can download apps from the Windows Store.