When you trying to open website, at that time you found that your browser (Especially in Chrome) shows some problems about DNS that is called “This webpage is not available” and the Error codes is “Error Code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG ”. In most cases, the IP addresses used by your ISP’s domain name servers are automatically set by your ISP via the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). The server at which you trying to connect can’t be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website’s name to its internet addres. This error ” DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG ” is most often caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
In this case you need to use Google Public DNS. To use Google Public DNS, you need to explicitly change the DNS settings in your operating system or device to use the Google Public DNS IP addresses. The procedure for changing your DNS settings varies according to operating system and version (Windows, Mac or Linux) or the device (computer, phone, or router).
Well In this tutorial I am going to show you how to fix this problem ( DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG ) in Windows, Mac and Android.
• Press “windows” and “r” keys at the same time. This will open “Run”.
• Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter in “Run”. This will open Network Connections.
• Find Network Connection that is used to connect to internet (either “Local Area Connection” or “Wireless Connection”), right-click on it and click Properties.
• Now in new windows select “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click Properties button.
• In the new window click the checkbox for “Use the following DNS server addresses:”
• Type in 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Click Ok and close the rest of the windows.
Mac OS X
• From the Apple menu, click System Preferences, then click Network.
• If the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window is locked, click the icon to make changes, and when prompted to authenticate, enter your password.
• Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
→ To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, select Built-In Ethernet, and click Advanced.
→ To change the settings for a wireless connection, select Airport, and click Advanced.
• Select the DNS tab.
• Click + to replace any listed addresses with, or add, the Google IP addresses at the top of the list:
For IPv4: 188.8.131.52 and/or 184.108.40.206.
• Click Apply and OK.
To change the DNS settings In Android
• Open the Settings on the device.
• Select “Wi-Fi”.
• Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
• Mark “Show advanced options” check box.
• Change “IP settings” to “Static”
• Add the DNS servers IPs to the “DNS 1”, and “DNS 2” fields.
• Press “Save” button, disconnect from the network, and reconnect for changes to take effect.
If you want to make a visual troubleshoot then try this video which is given below
“How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error”
If you have any questions about it please do not hesitate to comment below.
He is the founder and author of this blog. He is a technology writer and all-around computer geek and He writes a blog about technology tips & tech troubleshoot.
You can add him to your circles on Google + , follow his updates on Twitter or add him on Facebook.