If you are thinking about getting rid of your Facebook account but just aren’t sure that you want to, there is a way to test run your departure from Facebook. Facebook has a “deactivate” option. This allows you to close the account to other users so that they can’t find it or post anything on it. When you deactivate your account, your timeline and all information associated with it disappears from Facebook immediately. People on Facebook will not be able to search for you or view any of your information. It leaves the account there, but your friends will think that you just disappeared. This gives you the chance to see if you really want to do without the service. There are some catches that will be discussed though. It is important that you follow the instructions carefully so you don’t reactivate your account until you are ready. When you deactivate your account, your timeline and all information associated with it disappears from Facebook immediately. People on Facebook will not be able to search for you or view any of your information.
To Deactivate your Account:
• Click the account menu at the top right of your Facebook page which you want to deactivate.
• Select Account Settings icon
• Click security in the left-hand column
• Click Deactivate your account
• Fill the reason why are you leaving, explains further and click on confirm. Finally your account got deactivate
To Reactivate Account:
• To reactivate your account, log in using your old login email and password. You will de able to use the site like you used to.
To Permanently Delete your Account
• Permanently deleting your account means you will not ever be able to reactivate or retrieve any of the content or information you’ve added. If you would like your account permanently deleted with no option for recovery, please contact here
He is the founder and author of this blog. He is a technology writer and all-around computer geek and He writes a blog about technology tips & tech troubleshoot.
You can add him to your circles on Google + , follow his updates on Twitter or add him on Facebook.